Monday, September 20, 2010

Deep Sea Fishing

We had a chance to go deep sea fishing with our new found friends. Expecting the worst we all took sea sick medication and happily boarded the boat! Excited to try something new and catch some exotic fish.

The reason I am not seen in any of the pics fishing is because I was not fishing. The sea sickness medication we took made me super drowsy and I fell a sleep for almost the entire trip. I started out fishing and then got a little nauseous. I figured I would get ready to hurl by hunkering down on the floor and lean over the boat. I never threw up though, i ended up closing my eyes and falling to sleep on the boat floor. When I woke up couple hours later I had fish scales all over me. Not the best place to fall a sleep.
Tyler was a bit better off and adjusted just fine to the waves and staying on his two feet while fishing. Ty was totally in his element and fished like a pro. He was able to pull in some red fish and even a couple of sharks. I know that he caught a couple other kinds of fish but the sharks are what thrilled me!

This is us at the end of the day with the fish that our group caught! What an awesome memory and great experience.

5 comments:

the Petterson Family said...

Oh! That is way to cool for words! I want to go! You look so good Haylie!

shirley Harris said...

What a fun fun experience....you guys really "Live life to the fullest....It was SOO fun being there with you...wish we could re-live that again!!! Love you both tons!!! Come to Idaho and play Settlers!!

Harris said...

Hey Shirley! We would love to come to Idaho and play settlers. Only if I can win at least one! Lol. I am trying to convince Ty. I just am not sure he will come home if we come visit!

Eric W. said...

Looks like lots of fun.

Haley said...

heard some great news!!!! congrats!!!