Monday, January 31, 2011
Calling ALL Mommies
I have a request. One that my sister in law made when she was pregnant with her first. A request that I think is absolutely necessary for new moms! Please post a comment on an item that you could NOT live without as a new mommy! We are about to register and I am not sure what is necessity and what is just plain fun looking to have but will end up cluttering up my house. Thank you for your input!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I would say a swing it doesn't have to be a super expensive one (mine was an old wind up one) but many times it was the only thing that kept my kids and me from screaming! If you can try and find one that will work with not only infants but a little bigger too because until they are walking it is a nice place to put them!
Pampers Swaddlers and Pampers Cruisers. Best diapers ever. Not just regular Pampers. The Swaddlers and when they get bigger The Cruisers. I wouldn't waste money on the other ones!! AND I think you need to post some more belly pics Missy :)
Oh man. There were SEVERAL things I felt like I couldn't live without. Pacifiers (that's totally up to you though), swing, oh and we really loved the sleeper blankets that zipped up. I never had to worry about them being cold at night. They just roll around so much and could never keep the blankets on themselves, so this way I was able to rest a little easier at night.
Nuk Pacifiers ( I think this is Gerber Brand), A swing, Lansinoh disposable nursing pads ( the most absorbent) , Johnson & Johnson night time bath and lotion ( It smells so yummy on little babes), swaddle blankets and most important an nice bubble bath for mom! New Moms need a little TLC. Congrats again.
I agree with the pampers swaddlers and the lansinoh nursing pads--for sure. but you NEED is a nice chair for feeding him, a really colorful toy to distract him when he gets fussy in public. the eric carle ones or the lamaze ones are great. And a variety of pacifiers to try...like every single kind. We used the latex MAM pacifiers (Hannah wouldn't take any other). A bouncy seat that you can set him in when you want to shower or something...and an appointment for a massage for about 3 months after he's born so that you can get some stress relief! haha! cloth diapers for burp cloths---they work the best! Okay that is way more than one thing.
a clone. to do all the work around the house you don't wanna do.
I mean I'm not a mom, but if I was that is what I'd want.
-Sticky
Yes to the Lansinoh pads and their Lanolin too! Tons of the hugely obnoxious and absorbent maxi pads-you will need them and they will be your best friend for a few weeks. Don't spend money on pacifiers until you know if your baby will even take them. Some will, none of my kids would for the life of me and I have oodles of cute pacifiers that I bought and have never been used. You need a cool blanket from Rakae-hers are the cutest and babies just love them! :) The burp cloths that are flannel and very thick-they are hard to find, but a great investment. A GOOD BREASTPUMP! Not cheap at all, but so worth it. Don't buy too many newborn clothes because everybody wants to give you newborn sizes for your shower and they outgrow them before they even get to wear them all. ONESIES! Especially in Texas, that baby is going to love hanging out in onesies. They make some cute ones and your baby will love you for the comfort. TinyLove makes fabulous baby mobiles for eye and brain development. Black and whites with some other vibrant colors do great things for baby's visual development.
Post a Comment